Samsung Galaxy devices will soon get Android 4.4 KitKat, and it is the time when you get to know that your devices holds a potential for KitKat or not.
Samsung has updated their several devices with latest firmware of Android which are old but popular as new. Now the devices are on an end of its update life cycle on Jelly Bean. But the upcoming Google's Android 4.4 KitKat rise an hope for the older Galaxy phone as the KitKat is rumored to feature an improved Linux kernel supporting lower memory devices.
The revamped Linux kernel used in Android KitKat will bring the most desired enhancement and supports like:
- Lower memory footprint (that lets you run your OS on low RAM devices )
- Flash-Friendly File-System Support.
- Support for NVIDIA Tegra and Samsung Exynos DRM drivers.
- Faster, smoother and more responsive software.
- Enhanced battery life
- Brand new user interface
- Low battery-consuming native sensors.
- Increased global network compatibility and coverage
and is expected to arrive with JellyBean goodies like project butter ,Lock-screen widgets ,actionable notification, daydream and Bluetooth Smart/Low energy. Some speculated images has been shown on the web and we have picked the most relevant.
Here is the list of nominated Galaxy Devices for Android 4.4 KitKat
- Galaxy Grand and Grand DUOS
- Galaxy Ace II
- Galaxy S III mini
- Galaxy Beam
- Galaxy Express
- Galaxy S Advance
- Galaxy S II and S II Plus
- Galaxy Premier
- Galaxy Note I
- Galaxy Young and Young DUOS
- Galaxy Fame
- Galaxy X Cover 2
- Galaxy Tabs ( model specific)
Exclusive update for Latest Galaxy devices
- Galaxy Note III
- Galaxy S IV and other variants
- Galaxy Note 8.0 and other variants
- Upcoming Galaxy Note 10.1 and 12.2
- Galaxy S IV mini
be patient and wait till October for the release of Android KitKat then Samsung will announce the roll out of OS depending upon the countries and carriers.